I have been having constant problems with this website.
As well as some native posts, I was cross-posting all my splynch.blogspot.com posts here. This seems to have been a mistake, resulting in constant out-of memory errors, problems with my back-ups and finally total breakdown of the site.
I have rebuilt the site from the ground up and have decided not to continue to cross-post. However, there were a few native posts on my old site that proved quite popular, so I have imported those onto this new platform. In doing so I had to relink all my images, so I hope that everything is working properly.
This might be finished but I will leave it on the easel over night, I will probably fiddle with it in the morning.
I took this image with my ipod, using a neat little app called “DocScan HD”. It is designed for scanning documents and has a built in perspective adjustment. This allows me to square up the picture and is much easier than downloading onto my computerÂ and opening Photoshop etc. However, the quality leaves a bit to be desired and makes my oils look a bit like watercolours. This actually has quite a lot of texture and more saturated colours than I am able to get here. I will use my Canon when I photograph the finished work.
Here is a new work-in-progress. The canvas is 16″x20″ and I am painting in oil. The subject is one of the Port Dalhousie lighthouses which I gather is under threat. I don’t know much about it so I will need to do some research. I have put a couple of hours into it so far and it as probably about a third complete.